Rev. Jennie @ baptism.png
 
Bill Cusano.jpg

About Us

Clergy

The Reverend Jennie Talley, Rector

The Rev. Jennie Talley is the 20th rector of
St. John's Wilmot Episcopal Church. She graduated
cum laude from General Theological Seminary
in New York City in 2014 with a Master of Divinity, 
a Certificate in Spiritual Direction, and an award for Pastoral Care. 

Rev. Jennie has a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of California, Irvine, in biology. Prior to her call to ordained ministry, Rev. Jennie worked for many years in the health-care field in sales and management. 

Rev. Jennie loves parish life! She also enjoys spending time with her spouse of almost 20 years and their three furry critters: Bluebell, Scoutie, and Gracie LaRue. 

Rev. Jennie's office hours are: Tuesday — Thursday, 
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and by appointment. It is best to call in advance. She can be reached on her cell at: 917.496.1009, or by email: jennie.talley@gmail.com.

The Rev. Deacon Bill Cusano

After more than years in the corporate world, Bill was ordained a deacon in the Episcopal Church.. In addition to serving as deacon at Saint Johnʼs Wilmot, he is the coordinator of services for Caritas of Port Chester, a non-profit food pantry and soup kitchen.

Rev. Deacon Bill and his wife Kathy reside in Greenwich and are involved in a number of outreach and service ministries, including Christʼs Church Rye Outreach, SPRYE, and Kairos Outside, a prison ministry serving families of the incarcerated. In 2009, they were among a group of twelve founding board members of the New York City chapter of Kairos Outside.

Rev. Deacon Bill writes a daily blog reflecting on the daily readings and you can find it at https://reflections-tgb.blogspot.com/.

He can be reached at billcusano@mac.com.


Vestry

Scott Meyer, Warden
Stephanie Hartwell-Mandella, Warden
Christiane Quinif, Treasurer & Vestry Member
Harriet Wiltshire, Clerk & Assistant to the Treasurer
Joanne Bartoli, Vestry
Kyle Carter, Vestry
Dr. Ed Nichols, Vestry
Connie Robinson, Vestry

All Are Welcome at St. John's

St. John’s Wilmot is a diverse and inclusive community of people who welcome everyone to gather together as we proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ. Inspired by the Holy Spirit, we actively encourage others — skeptics, seekers, and committed believers — to join us as we seek to love and serve the world we live in, celebrating God’s creation around us and the image of God in every individual. 

A Brief History of St. John's, Wilmot

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 2.16.58 PM.png

"Though St. John's was founded officially on May 1, 1858, when a first Sunday school was held at Cooper's Corners in the house of Daniel T. Cox, the cornerstone for St. John's Church was laid on October 12, 1859, thanks to land donated by Mr. Cox and the architect Alexander Durand's low bid of $1,336. Built as a Chapel of Ease for those who found the five-mile trip to Trinity Church on the other end of town too difficult, especially in bad weather, the rector of Trinity Church, Dr. Richard Umstead, assisted by clergy from St. Thomas', Mamaroneck, and St. James-the-Less, Scarsdale, conducted the first service for Trinity's 'northern' parishioners at the groundbreaking ceremony. By the time the building was constructed, its final cost had increased by $64; but on February 4, 1860, the building was open for worship. Dr. Morgan presided, assisted by clergy from Pelham, White Plains, Scarsdale, and Eastchester.